7 reasons to choose the Geotab ProPlus fleet software plan
When it comes to buying telematics, the fleet tracking device is just the start. The fleet software plan you choose is just as important. Different rate plans include different features, so it can impact what you can or can’t do with your telematics system.
First, let’s take a look at what Geotab offers.
Fleet software rate plan overview
On the Geotab open platform, fleets have a choice of four different rate plans: Base, Regulatory, Pro, and ProPlus. One additional, Third-Party Device plan is also available. Features vary by plan, although some features — like customizable dashboards and the MyGeotab rules engine — are common to all rate plans. This article focuses on Geotab ProPlus and the plan’s benefits.
What is Geotab ProPlus?
ProPlus is Geotab’s top rate plan and provides the greatest functionality, plus access to fleet goodies like Active Tracking, the limited lifetime warranty, and premium services, just to name a few. As well, ProPlus supports advanced driver coaching and the higher data usage of several IOX integrations. The plan is available worldwide.
How do I know if ProPlus is right for my fleet?
Quick quiz: if you answer “Yes” to any of the questions below, then you might be a ProPlus fleet. (This isn’t designed as an exclusive list, but we hope it helps you get started.)
Does your fleet need a highly accurate, live view of vehicle location?
Do you want to integrate your telematics with other asset tracking devices, such as cargo temperature monitoring or Bluetooth® beacons?
Is speeding and idling a problem and you need to graduate to advanced driver coaching?
Do you want the limited lifetime device warranty?
As you can see, your fleet goals play a big role in rate plan selection. Even if your fleet is small, if you have specific needs, or want to dive into telematics and get maximum value from your system, ProPlus is worth considering.
7 reasons to sign up for ProPlus
We created this list of the top ProPlus benefits, to show what makes ProPlus so great. On top of all the benefits of the other rate plans, ProPlus offers:
1. Limited lifetime device warranty — For many fleets, the lifetime warranty is a must. It allows you to protect your investment. In the event of the GPS device failure, or if the network on which the device operates no longer provides adequate coverage (as determined by Geotab), Geotab will replace the device with a device that provides the same level of functionality free of charge if:
The device is on ProPlus at the time of failure*; AND
The device has not been tampered with.
2. Active Tracking (Optional) — Ambulance, police and other first responder fleets need up-to-the minute, live tracking. For emergency services, getting to the destination safely and quickly is paramount. Active Tracking provides that next-level tracking ability. Even local delivery or taxi fleets and others where time matters most, can benefit from this feature. Active Tracking is Geotab’s premium tracking solution, which can be activated if your fleet is on ProPlus.
3. Support services — Free expert support with a fleet-wide ProPlus subscription? Yes, please! By opting in to the program, Geotab subscribers can receive help, resolve issues, or request training — all from MyGeotab, without leaving the application.
4. Engine data —You get the full range of engine data on ProPlus. In addition to the basics (odometer, engine hours and engine road speed), a ProPlus subscription lets you record critical data like total fuel used, idle fuel used, RPM, Check Engine light, engine faults, and driver’s seat belt. Fine-tune fleet maintenance and safety programs and build and monitor fleet rules for engine diagnostics and issues or engine misuse.
5. Advanced driver coaching — Is your fleet looking to cut down on unsafe and costly driving behavior? Advanced driver coaching might be what you need. Pro and ProPlus gives you the ability to track and manage these particular driving events (below). Fleet safety management is supported by Geotab’s robust rule-setting and audible driver notifications.
Driving in reverse
High RPM / over-revving the engine (also good to track if you are seeking fuel savings)
Seat belt usage over a pre-set speed
Aggressive driving (acceleration, braking, cornering)
6. Integration with tire pressure monitoring, Mobileye and lone worker solutions — Some fleet solutions from the Geotab Marketplace require ProPlus. Sign up for ProPlus to integrate with real-time tire pressure and temperature monitoring from Continental Tire, Mobileye collision avoidance technology, or the Grace lone worker/man down safety monitoring system. 7. Support for advanced IOX expanders — Expansion is one of the key pillars of the Geotab telematics platform. While some Input/Output Expanders (IOX) are included with the Base, Regulatory and Pro rate plans, ProPlus opens the gate to advanced IOX technology. These Add-Ons are a surefire way to extend the value of your Geotab GO device. Here is a quick list:
Bluetooth® beacon monitoring (IOX-BT)
Substance spreader controllers (IOX-DJ DICKEY-john®, IOX-CRS Cirus Controls® SpreadSmart Rx®, IOX-COMSPREAD Rexroth® Compu-Spread®, IOX-CRS Cirus Controls® SpreadSmart Rx®, IOX-FAM FORCE AMERICA® 5100ex)
IOX-CAN for reading data from third-party hardware over the vehicle’s CAN bus
To request a demo or customized pricing contact us at Info@Advtracking.net
ADVANTAGE ONE Approved by the State of Missouri to Sell Leading GPS/Telematics Program
The wildly successful contract between the State of California and Geotab for GPS/Telematics services is now being adopted in Missouri. This is highly exciting news as it means that all municipalities within the State of Missouri are free to join the program. Geotab is ranked the number one commercial telematics vendor worldwide by ABI Research and continues to be recognized by the industry as a leader in innovative fleet management technology and solutions.
Advantage Asset Tracking has 12 years of experience selling and supporting Geotab as one of its sole service providers. Advantage helps customers manage the program by performing quarterly reviews with shared best practices to ensure maximum functionality and the greatest return on investment. Of all Geotab resellers, Advantage Asset Tracking has the most experience handling the needs of public works, winter ops, public facing mapping, custom integrations and much more*.
Some of the features customers can expect from the Geotab program include:
Limited Lifetime Device Warranty
Active Tracking — the feature delivers high-precision location information and shows smooth, live vehicle movements on a map. See a video of Active Tracking and also read about how it works.
Support Services — free expert support directly through the MyGeotab application to resolve issues, or request training.
Engine Data —In addition to the basics (odometer, engine hours and engine road speed), a Geotab ProPlus subscription lets you record critical data like total fuel used, idle fuel used, RPM, Check Engine light, engine faults, and driver’s seat belt. Users can fine-tune fleet maintenance and safety programs, and build and monitor fleet rules for engine diagnostics and issues or engine misuse.
Advanced Driver Coaching — Geotab Pro and ProPlus gives you the ability to track and manage particular driving events. Fleet safety management is supported by Geotab’s robust rule-setting and audible driver notifications. (See also this article on GO TALK in-vehicle verbal coaching if safety is your focus.)
Tire Pressure Monitoring, Mobileye and Lone Worker Solutions — Geotab ProPlus allows customers to integrate with real-time tire pressure and temperature monitoring from Continental Tire, Mobileye collision avoidance technology, or the Grace lone worker/man down safety monitoring system.
Support for Advanced IOX Expanders — Geotab ProPlus opens the gate to advanced IOX technology.
Driver ID (optional)
In-Cab Messaging (SMS Text / Voice)
DVIR (Vehicle Inspection Reports)
PM Scheduling & FMS software integrations
Advantage Asset Tracking has hundreds of happy customers that utilize its expertise in planning, deployment, implementation, and training. A hands-on customer service team is assigned to each customer for the life of the program. Advantage Asset Tracking clients are seen as more than just customers; they are seen as valued partners. Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your savings today!
*Public Works / Winter Operations Features: street sweeper brush activity, live payload monitoring, mowing activity, plow & wing blade position sensors, material spreader thruputs, active tracking (Up to the second location), 511 travel info integration, real time dispatching, public facing maps (for plow route status), road temp integration, live dash & backup cameras, routing & dispatching, light bar status, and Bluetooth® beacon monitoring (IOX-BT)
BuyMax Alliance Partners with ADVANTAGE ONE and Members Save Big on Geotab Pro Plus
BuyMax Alliance has partnered with Advantage Asset Tracking to deliver big-time savings on the world’s leading Fleet GPS Tracking solution powered by Geotab Telematics.
BuyMax Alliance is the purchasing arm for independent HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and roofing contractors who benefit from the buying power of over 1,200 contractors today. By leveraging the negotiating strength of over $3 billion in consolidated sales, BuyMax Alliance is able to secure pricing from national vendors such as, Advantage Asset Tracking a Geotab provider, that offer substantial discounts on your business purchases.
This partnership brings the savings to you.
BuyMax Fleet Solutions is a flexible discounted one-stop shop for all your fleet needs.
Businesses can use any services as much or as little as they want, from full fleet management to just one-time use, all services are available for you. Whether your business has 1 person or 20,000 people; BuyMax Fleet Solutions offer scalability for all. Using your Alliance member number, you can tap into savings through the convenience of your office computer or telephone.
As a fleet manager, you have a lot to manage all the time. From growing your business to keeping customers happy, you are always on the lookout for tools and services that make your job easier. We are happy to share that with this partnership Advantage Asset Tracking can offer you an incredible discount on Geotab Pro Plus, the world’s leading fleet GPS tracking solution.
What are the benefits of Geotab Pro Plus?
The simple plug-and-play hardware allows for easy deployment to provide insights that will empower your business to be more efficient and improve your customer experience. From Check Engine Light Alerts and Accident-detection/reconstruction, to Fuel Theft Alerts and Dispatching. The Geotab solution provides valuable and reliable fleet insights to help grow your business. Through the BuyMax Alliance, this program allows you to utilize the Geotab solution at a price point, normally reserved for fleets with thousands of vehicles.
Contact our team at email@example.com to get your savings today!